Help Us Keep This Legacy Going!
Walter Reed Middle School PTSA (Parent-Teacher-Student Association) has been an integral part of our school for over 60 years and is the oldest PTA in Los Angeles. Your membership in Reed’s PTSA makes you a part of the national and state associations, which is the largest child advocacy volunteer non-profit organization in the country.
We need YOU to keep this legacy going!
PTSA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
What does the Reed PTSA do?
- Sponsors the Reflections Arts Program.
- Sponsors Parent, Teacher and Student Education and Enrichment, including last year’s guest speaker Scarlett Lewis with the Choose Love Enrichment Program and the Stop Cyberbullying workshop led by LAPD.
- Sponsors library enrichment programs such as the Battle of the Books.
- Works with parent groups to strengthen and expand our parent volunteer base.
- Provides members-only benefits (details at pta.org/benefits) as well as a free concert ticket for children under 5 when you show your PTSA membership card at Reed Music Department concerts!
Give students confidence in their abilities to explore ideas and learn through the arts!
Each year hundreds of thousands of students in preschool through grade 12 create and submit original works in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. Students may enter through the Walter Reed Middle School PTSA.
The 2018-2019 theme “Heroes Around Me” will spark imagination and creativity in school and at home.